An Asha worker of Medical Block Kralpora in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district died due to electrocution on Saturday, officials said.
Also Read: Youth stabbed in Budgam village
They said that Asha worker received an electric shock earlier this morning at her home while she was engaged in household chores.
Soon after the incident, they said she was immediately taken to a nearby health facility where she was declared dead on arrival.
Officials identified the Asha as Shameema Begum, wife of Shabir Ahmad a resident of Jabdiyan Rashanpora.
Meanwhile, the locals said that the deceased was a hardworking lady. They said that she was very committed to her job and was rendering it responsibly. They have urged the administration to be sympathetic towards their family and extend a helping hand to the family. KNO