Connect with us

International

Soldiers of the People’s Liberation Army transgressed at least 5 kilometres inside Uttarakhand: Report

Published

on

(Asian News Hub) – Around 100 Chinese soldiers entered the Indian territory in Uttarakhand and damaged a bridge in Barahoti area before retreating back to China, said a report published in the Economic Times.

According to the reports, the soldiers of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) transgressed at least 5 kilometres inside the Indian territory through the Tunjun-La pass.

Advertisement

They had come on 55 horses, damaged Indian infrastructure, and left before they could be confronted by the Indian troops.

Also Read: People need not to worry about little bit ‘mischief’ on LoC: Lt Gen D P Pandey

The ET report, based on sources in the security departments, claimed that the PLA soldiers roamed in Barahoti for around 3 hours.

Advertisement

The transgression by Chinese troops was reported by locals, after which teams from the Indian Army and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police were dispatched to verify the report.

In the Central Sector (a 545-km stretch of border with Tibet in Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand), the dispute between India and China is over 2,000 square km of territory, in eight separate areas.
Barahoti lies on the border with China in the Chamoli district of Uttrakhand, north of the Nanda Devi National Park.

Also Read: Uri Ops called off after 9 days: 7 militants killed, one caught alive, says Army

Advertisement

Back in July 2017, Chinese soldiers had transgressed into Barahoti twice during India’s standoff with China in Bhutan’s Doklam.

An ITBP source had then told the Indian Express that, “On both occasions [on July 15 and July 25] about 15-20 Chinese soldiers transgressed into the territory at Barahoti that India and China lay claim upon. The soldiers stayed there for a while and returned.”

Earlier in July this year, an ANI report claimed, “Recently, a platoon (about 35 soldiers) from the PLA was seen operating around the Barahoti area in Uttarakhand. The Chinese were seen doing some activity in this area after a significant breach.”

Advertisement

Also Read: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to start 4-day Jammu sojourn from Sept 30

In order to avoid a Ladakh-like situation in Uttarakhand, the Indian Army has increased deployments in the central sector after hightened Chinese activity was noticed.

Advertisement

Asian News Hub is a digital media platform, operating from Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir

International

New Pak Army chief warns India of ‘any misadventure’

Published

on

Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Asim Munir, has warned India of strict action in case of any ‘misadventure’, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said, DAWN.com reported.

Also Read: Man dies painful death after hair transplant goes wrong

Advertisement

The military’s media wing said that the newly-appointed Army chief visited frontline troops in the Rakhchikri Sector along the Line of Control (LoC) on Saturday, where he was briefed on the latest situation and operational preparedness of the formation, The News reported.

The ISPR said the Army chief interacted with the officers and soldiers and appreciated their high morale, professional competence and combat readiness while performing their duties under challenging conditions.

“We have noticed highly irresponsible statements from Indian leadership on Gilgit-Baltistan and Jammu and Kashmir recently. Let me make it categorically clear, Pakistan’s armed forces are ever ready, not only to defend every inch of our motherland, but to take the fight back to the enemy if ever war is imposed on us,” General Munir said, The News reported.

Advertisement

Also Read: Electricity affected in many areas of Srinagar as Zainakote grid develops technical snag

The Army chief also said that any misconception resulting in misadventure will always be met with full might of the armed forces backed by a resilient nation.

“Indian state will never be able to achieve its nefarious designs,” General Munir said, as per the report.

Advertisement

Earlier on arrival, Corps Commander Rawalpindi, Lieutenant General Shahid Imtiaz, received the COAS.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

International

Indonesia earthquake toll reaches 310

Published

on

The death toll from an earthquake that struck Indonesia’s Java island early this week rose to 310 after rescuers found more bodies under landslides, an official said. At least 24 people remain missing, ABC news reported.

Also Read: 10 kg IED planted in pressure cooker recovered in Imamsahib, Shopian

Advertisement

More than 1,400 rescuers have been searching through the rubble since the magnitude 5.6 quake, which injured more than 2,000 people.

The head of the National Disaster Management Agency, Suharyanto, who uses one name, said rescuers will continue searching until rebuilding begins.

“We will do it up to the last person. There is no reduction whatsoever, in strength, enthusiasm, or the equipment,” Suharyanto said.

Advertisement

He said distribution of food and other aid is improving and is reaching more people in 110 evacuation locations.

The disaster agency said the earthquake damaged at least 56,000 houses and displaced at least 36,000 people. Hundreds of public facilities were destroyed, including 363 schools.

Also Read: Govt announces winter vacations in Schools

Advertisement

An earthquake of that strength would not typically cause such serious damage. But Monday’s quake was shallow and shook a densely populated area that lacks earthquake-resistant infrastructure.

Indonesia is frequently struck by earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis because of its location on the arc of volcanoes and fault lines in the Pacific Basin known as the “Ring of Fire.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

International

Lt Gen Asim Munir appointed as new Pakistan Army chief

Published

on

Pakistan President Dr Arif Alvi on Thursday formally approved Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s nominations for the next army chief, hours after receiving a summary in this regard, DAWN.com reported.

Also Read: Drug addict son back from rehab stabs entire family to death

Advertisement

Lt Gen Asim Munir has been named as the chief of army staff and Lt Gen Sahir Shamshad Mirza has been named as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee.

The confirmation of the president’s approval was given in a statement issued by the Aiwan-e-Sadr, cited by DAWN.com

“The president has promoted Lieutenant General Syed Asim Munir HI(M) to the rank of General with immediate effect and appointed him as Chief of Army Staff with effect from 29th November 2022,” the press release said.

Advertisement

The statement said that the promotions and appointments were made under article 243(4) (a) and (b) and Article 48(1) of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

“In this regard, the President has signed the summary received in his office, today,” it added.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending