Connect with us

International

Iran Bans Flights to/from 32 Countries to Prevent New Coronavirus Outbreak

Published

on

(Asian News Hub) – Spokesman of the Civil Aviation Organization of Iran (CAOI) Mohammad Hassan Zibakhsh said Tehran has banned flights from and to 32 countries to prevent the spread of new coronavirus mutations to Iran.

Zibakhsh said that the admission of passengers from 32 high-risk countries to Iran was banned upon the decision of the National Coronavirus Campaign Headquarters. 


He stressed that all Iranian and foreign nationals who intend to travel to Iran are required to provide a negative molecular test certificate (RT-PCR) in terms of COVID-19 with a validity period of up to 96 hours from labs approved by the country of origin in English or approved by the consulate before boarding the plane at the airport of origin.


In relevant remarks last month, Iran announced that it has extended a ban on flights from and to Britain till March 10 over fear from the new coronavirus variant spreading in UK.


Zibakhsh made the remarks on Wednesday February 17, adding that the ban might be renewed for a fourth time in early March if the number of infections related to the mutated form of the virus surge in Iran.


“Given that we face the onset of the peak of the British coronavirus (infections), it would be highly possible that the travel ban to the UK will be extended again on March 10,” he said.


The ban on UK flights was first enacted in late December when reports showed that a more infectious variant of the coronavirus had been detected in the island nation.


Iranian authorities say passengers arriving in Iran from the UK via other countries are deported.


However, that comes as Iranian health minister warned earlier this week a fourth wave of the disease involving the new variant of the virus would swiftly spread across Iran if current restrictions on gatherings and movement are eased in the run up to the Persian New Year on March 21.


Health authorities in the Southwestern province of Khuzestan confirmed on February 17 that the UK virus variant had started circulating in three cities of Shadegan, Abadan and Khorramshahr.

FARS

Continue Reading
Advertisement

International

Man chop off policeman nose, ears, lips over spreading his wife’s ‘objectionable’ video

Published

on

Lahore, Aug 02: A police constable’s nose, ears and lips were chopped off by a man who accused him of blackmailing his wife and sharing her objectionable video to the entire village, police in Pakistan’s Punjab province, news agency PTI reported.

Also Read: Two NIT students among three held after Nishat Video went Viral: Police

Constable Qasim Hayat was severely tortured before Muhammad Iftikhar, the primary suspect, and his accomplices severed his nose, ears, and lips on Sunday in Jhang district, around 200 kilometers from Lahore, the police said as per PTI.

Qasim was rushed to the Civil Hospital Jhang where the medico-legal officer (MLO) confirmed that the constable has got 13 wounds. However, his condition is said to be out of danger.

“The husband and son of the woman were among three suspects who have been arrested”, District Police Officer (DPO) said.

Rashid said that an investigation was underway against Qasim when the suspects took the law into their hands and badly tortured the police constable.

Also Read: Yaseen Malik ends hunger strike

As per the first information report (FIR), the police constable is said to have had a relationship with the woman and threatened to harm her son if she refused to meet him.

According to the report, Qasim made an offensive video of the woman when they first met and later blackmailed her. When she stopped paying money the policeman broadcast the footage to the entire community.

After the video went viral, a case was registered on the complaint of the woman’s son at a local police station. The police filed a case under the sections 354, 384 and 292 of the Pakistan penal Code. However, he was not arrested.

A cousin of the police official Tahir Imran said that the investigation so far has not been able to prove that Qasim had shared the video, adding that his cousin was attacked despite being on bail.

He went on to say that both sides are neighbors and that he felt that the reason of the quarrel was something else, as is often the case in rural regions.

Continue Reading

International

True Love! Pakistani landlady marries her servant, compare each other to ‘Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif’

Published

on

Islamabad, Jul 31: Love knows no age, gender, or social stature and nothing quite epitomises that human experience like a beautiful story from Pakistan where a landlady fell in love with her servant and married him, Times Network reported.

Also Read: Pakistan death toll from rains, flood reaches 320; PM visits Balochistan

Nazia, a homeowner in Islamabad had been living alone and needed help around the house when a friend of hers recommended Sufiyan for housework.

Convinced by his references vouching for him, the “mistress” hired him for a salary of Rs. 18,000 a month.

Nazia, speaking with Pakistani content creator and Youtuber Syed Basit, explained that it was his simplicity that won her over and soon after, she grew to like all of his habits, demeanour and worldview.

Eventually, the landlady popped the question to her helper. “Sufiyan had fainted after hearing the proposal,” Nazia recalled. But he knew to say “I love you, too”.According to her, Sufiyan has proven to be a valuable member who also doubles as a lover. If she falls sick, he tends to her, gets her medicine and cooks.

Also Read: Man stabs wife over ‘tasteless’ kebab, hangs himself

Nazia compares him to Salman Khan, while to Sufiyan, she is his ‘Katrina Kaif’.

Their love runs deeper than money and appearance as it is a connection of hearts. Interestingly, she was the first to fall in love in this beautiful tale.

Although they have been at the receiving end of public’s contempt for their relationship outside marriage, it hardly matters for the lovers who stick by each other through everything regardless.

The landowner says she might even transfer ownership of her house to her man.

Continue Reading

International

Pakistan death toll from rains, flood reaches 320; PM visits Balochistan

Published

on

Karachi, Jul 31: Pakistan Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif has visited flood-ravaged Balochistan province and assured the affected people of all possible help in their rescue and rehabilitation as the death toll from the monsoon rains and flash flooding across the country on Sunday reached 320, news agency PTI reported.

Also Read: Man stabs wife over ‘tasteless’ kebab, hangs himself

Balochistan province is the worst affected due to the heavy rains and flash floods and has recorded 127 deaths so far.

Prime Minister Sharif while talking to the media after visiting Quetta on Saturday announced compensation packages for those killed or displaced during the heavy monsoon rains and flash flooding which have been going on across Pakistan for the last five weeks.

Since mid-June, the monsoon rains have led to swollen rivers and damaged highways and bridges, disrupting traffic all across the country.

Sharif said that some 13,000 houses have been fully destroyed or partially damaged in Balochistan, which recorded the highest death toll, followed by Sindh including Pakistan’s biggest city Karachi where around 70 people have lost their lives in rain-related incidents in five weeks.

Also Read: 2 CRPF troopers injured in Sonamarg mishap

According to the National and Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA), there have also been around 60 fatalities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and another 50 in Punjab.

Shahbaz Sharif visited the areas affected the most by the rain-induced floods and met with affected people, promising them all possible help from the federal and provincial governments, including compensation packages of one million rupees for each victim.

Naseer Ahmed Nasar, the Director-General PDMA in Balochistan, said that till Saturday 127 fatalities had been reported across the province.

He said rescue workers found 11 more bodies in the Noshki, Lasbela, Chaghi, and Zhob districts of Balochistan. “We know 46 children and 32 women are also among the dead,” he added.

The Pakistan Army, Frontier Corps, and rescue workers from the PDMA were carrying out rescue and relief operations in all floods-affected parts of Balochistan.

Thousands of stranded people in the Lasbela and Jhal Magsi districts of Balochistan had been rescued in the operation so far while floods had damaged around 13,000 mud-walled houses in Quetta, Pishin, Jaffarabad, Khuzdar, Kohlu, Barkhan, Lasbela and Jhal Magsi districts of Balochistan.

The floods have also led to a suspension of train service between Pakistan and Iran after various portions of railway track between the two countries were washed away.

Continue Reading

Trending