Connect with us

National

Students RAPE classmate inside classroom

Published

on

A 13-year-old girl was gang-raped by her classmates in the Matunga area of Mumbai, said police on Friday adding that two minor boys have been held in the matter, news agency ANI reported.

Also Read: 70019 street lights installed by SMC across city, people having complaints about defunct street lights can contact on phone

Advertisement

As per ANI report, police detained two minors accused in the case and sent them to the Dongri correctional home (juvenile home).The Police said that the victim and the accused minor boys study together in class 8. The case was registered on November 30 under Section 376 (D) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and the POCSO Act.

According to the police, the incident took place at a time when all the other students were busy in some programme at a school. “This incident took place, other children were also present in the school, but all of them were busy in a program, the victim girl was alone in the classroom and taking advantage of it two boys entered the classroom and closed the door and raped her,” said police.

“Following the incident, the victim went home in the evening. However, her health worsened the next day and her family took the girl to the nearest hospital, where the doctor told them that something wrong had happened with the girl, the victim`s mother asked the girl, after which she narrated the incident to her mother,” said police.

Advertisement

Also Read: Pvt Schools override Govt prescribe textbooks

The victim`s mother filed a complaint with Matunga Police Station against the two accused and acting on the complaint both the accused were held and the court sent them to a juvenile home.Further investigation is underway.

Advertisement
Advertisement

National

Thieves posing as telecom workers steal 29-feet-tall mobile tower

Published

on

In a continuing series of outrageously bizarre thefts in Bihar, a 29-feet-tall mobile tower has now been reported stolen by thieves allegedly posing as telecom workers in Patna, times network reported.

Also Read: Avalanche hits Bandipora’s Tulail village

Advertisement

Installed over a house in Sabzi Bagh in 2006 by now-defunct mobile service provider AIRCEL, it was sold to GTL Limited – a company that manages telecom towers.

Company officials discovered the structure was missing during a recent inspection of mobile towers after previously finding it intact in August 2022, according to India Times.

Police, who filed an FIR against the unidentified suspects based on area manager Mohammad Shahnawaz Anwar’s complaint, said the homeowner had requested removal of the tower after non-payment of rent.

Advertisement

“Initially, the GTL company removed part of the equipment. After that, another team came and removed all the equipment,” explained Sabih-Ul-Haq, SHO of Pirbahore police station.

However, this time, they weren’t real telecom employees.

Also Read: One-way traffic restored on Sgr-Jmu highway

Advertisement

“When the company officials enquired about the incident, the house owner informed that some persons who claimed to be employees of GTL company came here four months ago and removed the tower,” said the officer.

“They [the thieves] gave the excuse that the tower had a massive technical glitch and would be replaced by a new mobile tower. Then, they loaded the equipment on a truck and took off.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

National

Govt issues guidelines for social media influencers

Published

on

Social media influencers and celebrities will face a fine of up to Rs 10 lakh, which can go up to Rs 50 lakh on repeat offence and even lead to a ban of up to six years, on violation of guidelines for them, which were released by the consumer affairs ministry on Friday.

Also Read: On J&K soil, Congress says Article 370 revoked in an ‘undemocratic way’

Advertisement

Consumer Affairs Secretary Rohit Kumar Singh told mediapersons, while releasing the guidelines, that the whole issue is centred around consumers’ right.

“It is the responsibility of the endorser, celebrities and influencers or other advertisers to truthfully disclose whatever information the consumer must know before making any decision for purchase,” the guidelines said.

Singh further said social media influencers should disclose the nature of their endorsements.

Advertisement

“Individuals or groups who have access to an audience and the power to affect their purchasing decisions about a product, brand or service because of the influencer’s authority, knowledge, position or relationship with their audience,” the guidelines said.

Influencers are defined as creators who advertise products with a strong influence on the decisions or opinions of their audience. Virtual influencers, which are defined as fictional computer-generated people with realistic features of humans, are also required to disclose their endorsements, the guidelines said further.

The department noted that, “When there is a material connection between an advertiser and celebrity/influencer that may affect the weight or credibility of the representation made by the celebrity/influencer.”

Advertisement

These material connections include monetary or other forms of compensation, free products, contests and sweepstakes entries, trips or hotel stays, media barters, coverage and awards, or any personal, family or employment relationship, the rules note.

The influencers should be able to substantiate the claims made by them. The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 provides the framework for the protection of consumers against unfair trade practices and misleading advertisements.

Also Read: In J-K, paid Pvt tuitions of students from classes 1st to 8th shows 5 % increase

Advertisement

The product and service must have been actually used or experienced by the endorser, the ministry said, adding that consumers can seek legal actions against those defaulting.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

National

HM Amit Shah reaches Jammu, will leave for Rajouri to meet Dhangri attack victim families

Published

on

The Union Home Minister Amit Shah has arrived in Jammu and is scheduled to leave for Rajouri to meet the families of those killed in militant attack in Dhangri village on January 01.

Also Read: Snowfall hits traffic at Srinagar airport, 25 flights cancelled

Advertisement

Official sources told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that Shah reached Jammu today afternoon and will leave for Rajouri.

He said he is scheduled to meet the families of those killed in a militant attack in Dhangri village on January 01.

The official also said Shah will review the security situation in the district and will also a meet with senior civil and police official later in the day.

Advertisement

Notably, seven civilians were killed after militants attacked several houses in Dhangri village of Rajouri district on January 01.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending